Information for Oral Presentations
Important: If you are not able to present your talk for any reason, you are kindly requested to contact the organizing office (email@example.com) immediately to notify them of any change of presenter or withdrawal.
A speaking time of 12 minutes including discussion was allocated to all talks chosen for presentation in a workshop.
The chairpersons of your session will be strict in allowing no more than the time allotted to your paper. Remember to allow some time for the changeover of speakers and chairperson's introduction, and for questions and discussion.
Please rehearse your talk to make sure it will fit comfortably into the available time.
Due to EACCME regulations, authors are requested to disclose possible conflicts of interest on the first slide.
Please find an EXAMPLE SLIDE here.
A conflict of interest is any situation in which a speaker or immediate family members have interests, and those may cause a conflict with the current presentation. Conflicts of interest do not preclude the delivery of the talk, but should be explicitly declared. These may include financial interests (eg. owning stocks of a related company, having received honoraria, consultancy fees), research interests (research support by grants or otherwise), organizational interests and gifts.
If you have nothing to disclose, please state “I have no commercial disclosure” instead of the table.
Eventresult Presentation Management System
Speakers lecturing at the conference will be required to sign into the Speaker Service Centre (SSC) no later that 2 hours before the start of their lecture. The SSC is equipped with terminals where speakers can upload their presentation into the presentation management system. The system will ensure that proper presentations are available in the right lecture room, at the right time.
Speaker Service Centre
The SSC will be labelled on the floorplans as SSC. Signage at the venue is plentiful and hostesses for directions are available on site.
- Sunday September 2, 2018: 13:00 - 18:00
- Monday September 3, 2018: 07:30 - 19:00
- Tuesday September 4, 2018: 07:30 - 18:15
- Wednesday September 5, 2018: 07:30 - 17:30
Our skilled IT crew will assist with converting (when necessary), media embedding and uploading your presentation. Accepted media in the SSC are CD/DVD-ROM and USB memory drives
When you successfully added your presentation into the Presentation Management System, we strongly advise you to use the demo lectern that is set up at the SSC, to familiarize yourself with the operating of your presentation, and get comfortable behind the touch screen control unit. Hostesses and IT specialists will be present to answer any questions and explain the function of the unit to you.
The Presentation Management System is thoroughly tested, and compatible with all versions of Microsoft PowerPoint. Keynote (Apple) presentations are not supported and cannot be converted. If you are a mac-user, please use PowerPoint for Mac.
Feel free to embed localized video files in your presentations. However, make sure to always bring a standalone copy of the video file to the SSC. See below for more detailed information.
It is not possible to attache laptop computers to the system file transfer, nor do we facilitate the use of laptop computers in the lecture rooms.
For satellite symposia who wish to use local systems, please contact ACS for quoting the necessary system changes.
At the lecture room
Upon entering the stages for the lecture, you will find your name on the touch screen control unit in you lecture room. When you tab your name, your presentation will start, just as you practiced in the SSC.
In order to guarantee your presentation will be displayed properly, please note the following technical requirements and general notes.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 and all ealier editions. Any presentation format that can convert to PPT.
Please note that Apple keynote presentations cannot be converted to PPT.
Presentations should be formatted in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
Only the following audio formats are accepted: .Mp3 and .WAV
Only the following video formats are accepted:
- DiV H.264
- On2 VP7
- Windows Media 12
- Mov files
Please always bring a copy of embedded audio and video files to the SSC. Our IT specialist might need to convert them.
Please account for extra time in the SSC if your presentation holds one of the following features:
- MOV-file movies, TIF-file images
- Hyperlinks inside presentations
- Starting a movie by clicking it
- Flash Movies
In all cases, at the SSC your presentation and all its features will be properly tested and reviewed.
Like all of us, you will have sat through many conference talks, some good and some bad. We have all been to talks which failed to communicate their message because the speaker spoke impossibly fast, perhaps in a very indistinct way, or flashed through large numbers of slides so crammed with detail that nobody could follow them.
- Make yourself known to the chairpersons and/or the room assistant in your session room before the beginning of the session.
- Remember that the vast majority of the audience are not native English speakers - speak clearly (whether or not English is your native tongue) and not too fast.
- Plan an average of no more than 1 slide per minute.
- Keep your Powerpoints simple. In text slides, use no more than seven lines per slide, with ample space between the lines, and no more than seven words per line in suitably large lettering
- Leave sufficient space between the text and the edge of the slide/screen. Some data projectors may not display the very border of the slide/presentation.
Information for Poster Presentations
Important: If you or any of your co-authors are not able to present your poster, you are kindly requested to contact the organizing office as soon as possible ( firstname.lastname@example.org). Your help in saving costs substantially by avoiding empty poster boards is highly appreciated
Posters will be changed every day.
Your poster will be on display during one of the following days:
o Monday, September 3 (09:30 – 19:30 hrs)
o Tuesday, September 4 (09:30 – 19:30 hrs)
o Wednesday, September 5 (09:30 – 11:45 hrs)
Poster mounting on the respective days will be possible between 09:30 – 10:00 hrs strict.
Posters need to be removed on the day of presentation between 19:30 - 20:00 hrs strict (11:45-12:30 hrs on Wednesday).
Access after 20:00 hrs (12:30 hrs on Wednesday) is not possible! Posters not removed at 20:00 hrs on the day of presentation (12:30 hrs on Wednesday), will be taken down by the staff of the conference center and will not be stored or sent to the authors after the meeting.
Only posters in portrait format can be mounted.
The usable surface on the poster board will be 90 cm width x 130 cm height. It is advisable that you print your poster on a A0 portrait format.
Only adhesive tape can be used to mount posters. Material will be available onsite.
IMPORTANT: Please print you poster presentation number (e.g. P.A1.01.18) on the poster. You will receive the poster presentation number per email end of July.
- Due to EACCME regulations, authors are requested to disclose possible conflicts of interest on the poster.
- When presenting data and health information (including photos) all presenters must have informed consent compliant with human subjects and applicable regulations.
- Posters should stimulate discussion, not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics and make sure every item is necessary.
- Include the title of your presentation. The organization of the ECI will not post the abstract titles on display boards.
- The lettering of the poster heading should be at least 2.5 cm high. Detailed information should be provided in a smaller type, but remember that your text must be easily readable from distances of at least 1 meter.
- Optional Materials: If you wish, you may prepare handouts for distribution to interested colleagues. Alternatively you may include a QR code on the poster which would trigger a download of the handouts (WIFI is available in the poster area). Some authors may also wish to provide business cards/contact information. Your passport photograph on the poster may facilitate contacts during the congress.
- For additional assistance in preparing your poster, there are a number of excellent resources available online. For more information, type “scientific poster preparation guidelines” into your internet search engine.
You do not find it convenient to carry your printed poster for the 5th European Congress of Immunology (ECI 2018) all the way to Amsterdam?
Why not use the offered Poster Printing Service?
All you have to do is to prepare the electronic poster file (you can even use one of our templates) and choose your preferred size and paper quality. Everything else we will do for you. Your poster will be ready for you to be picked up at the Poster Printing Desk at the congress venue.
If you are interested in using the offered service please click on the link below to access the poster printing order site: https://cpaper.ctimeetingtech.com/eci2018/login
Your individual login data will be sent to you mid-July by our supplier partner CTIMeetingTech.
In case of any questions do not hesitate to contact them at: email@example.com